Foods that fight the muffin top should be given an award of some kind… I have to admit, that the muffin top is one of my toughest adversaries. It seems that any stray fat gram or extra calories joins the party with the rest of my fat in THAT area! BUT there are several things that I have found really work, and I have seen a pound a day weight loss when I stuck with it… (until I went to visit Grandma and the p-nut butter cups were forced down my throat!) I’m still recovering from that!
1. Drink 8 oz of grapefruit juice first thing in the morning.
2. Drink or take green tea capsules with your breakfast.
3. Have a serving of protein within 30 minutes of waking up!
4. Eat a little MUFA with every meal… avocadoes, green olives, olive oil, dark chocolate, nuts, and flaxseed oil.
5. Eat whole grain foods
6. Stick to lean proteins.
7. Low fat dairy is the way to go – this type of dairy won’t hang out with the rest of the muffin top crew!